The Internet is a great medium to look for bi and lesbian dates. With worldwide accessibility at the finger tips, today the Internet is the most popular dating medium for young bisexual and lesbian people. Read on for tips on online dating for homosexuals and bisexuals.
• Surf the Internet and select some reliable bi and lesbian dating sites. Most of these services are free and you need not join the services which ask for any joining fees during the registration process.
• Create a unique user id preferably with an alias instead of your real name. As your profile would be open to millions of people across the world, it is best to avoid including any personal information like name, address and work place details. Including any information about your finances is an absolute “no – no”.
• It is best avoided to put any overtly sexual undertone in your user name and your profile. Usage of any such terms might attract the wrong kind of people to your profile whereas people who are sincere and serious about a long term relationship might stay away.
• Once you meet somebody online, take time to get to know her more before you commit meeting in person. There are many unscrupulous characters that take advantage of the “facelessness” of the Internet and prey on unsuspecting victims.
• Before meeting a person, insist on having a phone chat or more preferably a web cam chat. This will help you know many things like how she looks and speaks. It will not only help you prevent any disappointment when you meet in person, but actually help you decide before hand if you are interested in dating this person all together.
• Try and understand the sexual history of your date before meeting in person. Remember to arrange your first date in person in a public place. It is best to avoid meeting somebody new at home or in hotels.